Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Welcome!

Hello, and thank you for finding us and spending a little portion of your day with us here at InDepth Left. Let me state that I am not a professional political blogger, whatever that may be. However, I decided to start this little political blog after my family and friends got sick of my political emails and said I should start a blog instead. Actually, they didn't get sick of them, they liked them. I'm too modest to admit that outright. In any case, here we are. The purpose of my emails was essentially to investigate an issue and explain how us left-leaning, liberal, progressives arrive at our decisions and opinions. Included in these analysis' will be links to news articles and my favorite, Wikipedia. Whenever, possible I will try to use facts and news articles the general populace would say are respectable. I will use citations and dates, whenever possible. I will try to use historical context. Finally, I will try to assert my opinion as little as possible, and if I do, only as a conclusion. I want people to make up there own mind. I do not want this blog to be considered propaganda, nor news. I do want it to explain the progressive viewpoint and perhaps, help sway a few people to that viewpoint after they have reviewed the facts and thought about them. In addition, I hope it will help progressives solidify there views and "talking points", help refresh their memory, and perhaps, just perhaps, provide some valuable insight into an issue, policy, or decision. Welcome to InDepth Left. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The internet is a better place now with this new blog! I'll read whatever you post, and so, thanks!